Wednesday, February 21, 2007

An Interesting Event that Took Place on my Hand

There I was, sitting in the bright sunlight, reading my biography of Darwin at Cutter's Point. I happened to look down and noticed my hand that was exposed to the sun. On my hand were innumerable bright points of light that were going on and off. I looked closer at what appeared to be a miniature Christmas light display. Apparently in the heat of the sun, miniscule drops of perspiration were oozing out of my sweat glands and then evaporating as soon as they emerged. I wiped my hand, feeling no wetness and noticing none. The scintillating points disappeared only to gradually reappear as the perspiration emerged from the pores.
For some reason I was impressed by this. Hey, I never said I wasn't weird! :)

No comments: